Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB):
- Applications start on April 6 through CRA’s My Account.
- If already applied for EI, no need to reapply for CERB.
- Can’t get both the wage subsidy (see below) and the CERB.
- Payment should be received within 3-5 days, if registered for direct deposit.
- Recipients are to confirm once a month that they are still out of work.
- The 75% subsidy will be available to non-publicly funded companies, charities, and not for profits.
- Stiff and severe penalties for those that take advantage of the system.
- Details to be released by Finance Minister Morneau at 2:00 p.m. (EDT).
- The PM is consulting with other parties to recall Parliament to make legislative changes.