- 75% Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Registration will commence on April 27, 2020 and be first processed on May 4 in bulk.
- Payments are targeted to begin on May 5.
- 3,000 auditors have been assigned to manually review certain claims. They will review based on the size of the claims, or the size of employers. For example, 100% of claims made by large employers are expected to be reviewed. Most will be automatically processed. Reviews are intended to be completed in 72 hours.
- 2,000 agents will be assigned to answer questions on the program.
- A revised CEWS website and new calculator is available
- $350 Million committed to an emergency community support fund
Share this post